The most accurate way of defining my work is "Another Way Of Music". The search of a new sound through a unique and singular language lies at the core of my compositions. Strongly bonded to minimalism, through my works – whether be it on a cinematographic, theatrical or personal level – the non-conformism, eroticism and impressionism show their most indomitable face.
In my youth, my education was focused in classic, fingerstyle, folk and electric guitar. I received vocal and auditory training, as well as singing lessons from Lluïsa Abraham; and musical language, harmony and classic composition from Toni Miralpeix.
While working as a music teacher I also was the leading vocal and bass player of the MAI band in Barcelona. It was also by this time when I started to compose music for different theatre groups and audiovisual projects.
Shortly after, I devoted myself completely to the study of piano, delving deep on its knowledge. I received piano lessons from Mikel Gaztañaga, Willy Muñoz and Marcos Salcines, taking part in the seminar by Barry Harris and Joshua Edelman at the Jazz Cultural Theater in Bilbao. Additionally, I kept up studying harmony, music arrangements and modern composition under the tutelage of Abraham de Román.
Later I obtained my "Level 6 in Music Teaching" degree, granted by RockSchool Limited based in the United Kingdom. Finally, I studied the Master in Composition for Media (Cinema, TV and Videogame) in the Katarina Gurska High Center.
The discovery of minimalism was a milestone in my work, it marked definitely a turning point. The compositions of Philip Glass, Steve Reich, Wim Mertens amongst many others have left a deep blueprint in my own compositions. It is through this style where I found the place for a more powerful innovation and a more revealing schematic transformation.
The new forms and the different musical structures are the ones that bestow my music with a significant and unique character, and provoke a completely new auditory experience in the audience.
My musical work, whose nucleus is influenced by minimalism, explores a great variety of feelings and emotions that try to inspire the audience and to take them on a travel through the experience of new and original feelings. In this section I introduce a selection of pieces, representative of my other way of viewing the music.
My whole work encompasses different audiovisual fields. I have composed for shows, projections and several exclusive recordings:
- Musical composer for "A Tres Bandas", a show of the humour group "LaKanosa" (formed by Javier Antón, Gorka Martín and Jon Zabal).
- Musical composer for the short film of Jon Zabal "Llueve Hacia Arriba en Connecticut".
- Musical composer and arranger for "The Beertles" project.
- Composition and recording of "Opus 1".
- Recording of several works for piano and saxophone with Andoni Aizpuru.
- Musical composer for the filming project of Enrique Laguna.
- Composition and recording of "Opus II".
- Musical composer for Jon Zabal's theatre play "Aforo Limitado".
- Musical collaboration with "Generación Fnac" cd recording for the said company.
- Musical arrangement for IWEBYOU company on their Lip Dub.
- Piano collaboration for the director Ernesto del Río on his film "Umezurtzak".
- Musical composer for the film "Messer" & "Hidden", by Unai Antolín.
- Musical composer for the short film "Un Mundo Quemado", by Javier Trapero.
- Composition and recording of "Alter Ego".
- Musical composer for the play "Muchas noches, buenas gracias", starring Javier Antón and Andoni Agirregomezkorta.
- Composition and recording of "The Transistor" & "Sexus".
- Musical composer for the short films "Libérame" & "La Entrega", by Javier Trapero.
- Musical composer for the INFOJOBS’s advertising campaign “La Isla De Los Supercandidatos”, with the JAMES BRAND & Co agency.
- Musical composer & arrangement for the Web Serie "INperfectas".
- Composition and recording of "VII".
- Musical composer for the iRTVE short film “Insomnia”.
- Musical composer for the animation short film “TheLastRoom”.
- Musical composer for DEUSTO FORMACIONES’s advertising campaign.
- Musical composer for CEAC’s advertising campaign.
- Musical composer for the ADIDAS's advertising campaign “Wanderlust”.
- Musical composer for the comedy show "ANTON MARTIN”